CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

February's here!


We're one month closer to having our daddy home again. It's been a rough go this past week as Sammy has been asking about him constantly. He wonders why daddy's doesn't call. And then he wonder's why I don't pick him up. At church he was amazed that the little boy sitting in front of us had a daddy. (sniff sniff) Sometimes this whole Navy thing really SUCKS!
Not to worry. We as a family keep our little Sammy distracted with game nights, road trips, dance competitions, and hikes. He's even making slides for the new microscope the kids got. I'm all for exploring the micro-world around us BUT I did have to tell him that he absolutely could not smear poop on the slide so he could see it under the mic. Even some things I WON'T do in the name of science.
I am keeping myself active too so I don't wallow in self-pity. My church calling keeps me busy. There's much planning, visiting, and praying required of me. I took online classes this semester to lessen the amount of time away from the children. But, I find that online classes take more time than the actual class room on campus! My CASA obligations are significant. I am gearing up for another season of triathlon training. And to top it off I am currently putting together an outline of a book that I want to write.
I am trying not to focus on end results and trying to appreciate the journey of getting there. Deployments are terribly hard. If I count down days til Justin gets home I'll have wasted a few good months of potential growth for both me and the kiddos. Deployments have been my refiner's fire. Through them I am tested and tried. Although I come out a little bruised and hot, I do shine a little brighter each time I come out of the kiln.

0 comments: